Direct Amplification for SARS-CoV-2 Virus Detection
XpressAmp™ reagents from Promega
No RNA extraction of SARS-CoV-2 needed anymore!
Just 10 min incubation of 2.5μL sample with XpressAmp™ Lysis Buffer and proceed directly to RT-qPCR.
Promega launched XpressAmp™ reagents for performing simple, RNA-extraction-free, preparation of SARS-CoV-2 viral samples collected by nasopharyngeal swabs in Universal Transport Medium (UTM) or Viral Transport Medium (VTM) for analysis by RT-qPCR.
- No RNA extraction of SARS-CoV-2 needed. Only 10 min RT incubation with XpressAmp™ Lysis Buffer.
- Easy automatable for high-throughput needs
- Viral Inactivation studies were performed by an independent laboratory. Results indicate the inactivation of SARS-CoV-2 virus by XpressAmp™ Lysis Buffer.
- XpressAmp™ is compatible with Promega’s GoTaq® Probe 1- Step RT-qPCR Master Mix. This Master Mix is mentioned in the CDC-Guideline.
- Users can use XpressAmp™ with their own established SARS-CoV-2 RT-qPCR assay*.
* XpressAmp™ does not include amplification reagents nor the primers/probes necessary to perform the downstream amplification and analysis of the sample.
For further information please contact our Business Unit Manager Pia Osenbroch | 950 081 80